Karahi is a simple yet delicious kind of fried meat with thick tomato gravy. Its great to prepare in dawats to enhance to tasty meal menu. Also great to make in lunch or in dinner. You can serve it with naan or chappati and some fresh salad.
- Mutton ½ kg
- Tomatoes ½ kg
- Onion 2 (sliced)
- Karahi masala 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder ½ tsp
- Red chili 1 tsp (crushed)
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- All spice powder ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Green chilies 4-5
- Coriander to garnish (chopped)
- Ginger to garnish 3-4 tbsp
Buy These Ingredients Now
- Boil mutton and keep its stock aside.
- Grind half tomatoes with half cup of mutton stock and cook this puree with 1 tbsp oil and add karahi masala.
- When oil separates then keep it aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan and add sliced onions, when it turns golden colour add chopped tomatoes.
- When tomatoes are tender then add turmeric powder, red chili crushed and garlic paste cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mutton, ginger, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Now add tomato puree, green chilies, ginger, all spice and black pepper.
- Add ½ cup water and cook covered for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and ginger.
- Serve it with naan or kulcha.